There, do I have your attention? This dessert is a quick and easy treat and a really great way to end a meal with something sweet but not too heavy. Additionally, it makes for a very impressive presentation if you’re having people over for dinner.
It’s very easy to make this batter in advance and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to bake. For best results, serve immediately after coming out of the oven. It will start to get not as delicious as soon as it’s cooling down.
I love that you can dress this with whatever flavors tickle your fancy. Here’s a few ideas
- Strawberry preserves and chocolate sauce. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Drizzle honey and dust with powdered sugar
- Smear with peanut butter and drizzle with maple syrup
- Fresh strawberries, whipped cream and some chopped mint leaves
- Chopped pecans, sliced bananas and drizzle with maple syrup mixed with a splash of bourbon
- Lemon curd and sweetened ricotta cheese
- Sour cream and applesauce
- ANYTHING THAT SOUNDS DELICIOUS!
RECIPE BELOW VIDEO
- 3 whole eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter
ice water as needed
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine eggs, milk, flour, sugar and nutmeg in a blender.
- Put butter in a cast iron skillet and put in oven until butter is melted.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 300° and bake an additional 5 minutes until the Dutch baby is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, slice and top with your favorite flavors. Serve immediately.